PRESS RELEASE REF: 1-6 JUNE , 2015 HAMBURG, GERMANY
The General Manager of Djibouti Port S.A M. SAAD OMAR GUELLEH attended IAPH conference in Hamburg, which run from 1st- 5th June 2015. This event happens every two year and is a highlight in the calendar of all whom involved in managing Ports around the world. The theme of this conference under the banner of ” smartPORT”. this event also was a significant point in history for IAPH Association as they seek to redefine the future and what IAPH offer for its members. during the event the board members held a special meeting for discussing a new constitution which will be better position for members.
During his stay in Hamburg, General Manager of Djibouti Port conducted various meetings with Ports and shipping executives, as well as the senior vice president of Oxbow Energy Solution B.V. The different Managing Directors expressed their appreciation by the efforts been made by Djibouti to address the issue of efficient transportation network which is pivotal to the success of the economies of African countries, and some of Port Directors are expressing their willing to establish sister ports with Djibouti port for exchanging expertise and knowledge.
The Senior vice president of Oxbow Energy Solution B.V for international Business thanked the General Manager for bringing Djibouti Port to the attention of investors and companies. He expressed his wish to send a team for conducting feasibility study for making DMP a platform logistics for distribution Coal and pet coal to Africa and middle East Region.
Some of Managing Directors had a meeting with General manager are:
• Chief executive officer of New South wales Mr. Grant Gilfillan ex-president of IAPH
• Chief Executive officer of Hamburg Port, Mr. Ingo Egloff
• Chief Executive Officer of Fiji Port, Mr. VaJira Piyasena
• chief executive officer of Hakata Port Terminal in JAPAN Mr. Koichi Daito
• Vice president of Port of Gotherburg, Cecilia carlsson
• Executive Director, Yokohama port Corporation, Mr. FUJII
• President of IAPH and General Manager of port de Barcelona
• Dean of Arab Academy for science, Dr. Akram Soliman
• Head of Department consulting and Training le Havre Port, Mr Stéphan Dubois
• NAPIER Port, Commercial Director, Mr ANDEW LOCKER
• Port Klang Free Zone SDN BHD Malaysia Mr Roger Eng Nam
• Port De Beyroud, Excecutive Director, RAfy
• Port of Amsterdam, Habour Master, Cap Henri
• PNG PORTS Corporation, Chairman Nathaniel Poya
• Port Nelson New Zealand, chief Executive Mr. Martin
• WESTPORTS, Chief Executive, Mr. Ian James
• Mauritius Port, Director – General Mr. Shekur
Source: IAPH PRESS RELEASE